265 Darts Road Eagle Bay, NY 13331
Salary Range: $12.00 - $16.00
“The YMCA offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, paid sick and vacation time, generous retirement package and a free YMCA family membership”.
On-site housing year round.
Under the general direction of the Camp Ranger, this position is accountable for supervising the part time crew and maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions and general maintenance of the facility, both inside and outside. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
- Candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- This position requires strong teamwork skills and the ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills are a must, as interaction with members, staff and the general public is a daily requirement.
- Individuals need experience or be able to comprehend general cleaning, disinfection, hard floor care, carpet care, wood floor care and related equipment operation and maintenance.
- Cleans bathrooms, offices, cabin rooms, hallways, camp group buildings and any other assigned areas by vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing and polishing.
- Performs minor maintenance repairs and tasks as directed.
- Assists with other departments with set up for meetings, special events, etc.
- During shutdown periods, must be available to work if needed.
- Strips and polishes floors, cleans carpets and other restorative cleaning activities.
- Empties and cleans trash containers (inside and out).
- Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures.
- Clears snow and salts sidewalk in inclement weather or as needed.
- Plows camp roads.
- Responsible for washing and completion of summer camper session laundry, lost and found laundry and all end of season laundry.
- Reports any damage or needed repairs to equipment, property, etc. to supervisor.
- Inventories and orders cleaning supplies within budget restrictions. Ensures camp has cleaning supplies when needed.
- Uses all cleaning supplies in the proper and efficient manner.
- Supervises all seasonal custodial staff and ensures maximum performance.
- Works closely with cabin guests ensuring high quality of satisfaction.
- Serves as an integral member of the total staff team.
- Responds to emergencies appropriately in accordance to his/her level of training and circumstances.
- Ensures all cleaning closets/containers are clean and uncluttered during his/her scheduled shift.
- Interacts with staff, members, and general public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists in special projects at the branch or other Association facilities.
- Participates in Association and special responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
- Attends all mandatory staff and training sessions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Indoors and outdoors in normal environment with some exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Mobility within the building including movement from floor to floor and outside the building
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. on a repetitive basis
- May handle human body fluids and chemicals as part of the daily operational duties.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.