Early Childhood Teacher Assistant - (Eastside Child Care Center)
Eastside Family YMCA
1835 Fairport Nine Mile Point Road Penfield, NY 14526
Salary Range: TBD
Early Childhood Teacher Assistant performs any combination of the following duties when attending children in the designated area; observes and monitors play activities, reads, plays games, administers meals and snacks, keeps area and children clean and tidy. Assistant will accompany children on walks or other outings assist lead teacher with implementing activities and always ensures safety and well-being of children in their care. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certified or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Enjoy children and have experience working with groups of children.
- Demonstrate competence in taking charge of children, have discretion when supervising play.
- Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children.
- Possess a general knowledge and understanding of the YMCA, its goals, and its mission.
- Meet all guidelines and requirements for Assistant Teacher mandated by the Office of Children & Family Services.
- Assist teacher in implementing daily classroom activities.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with co-workers and parents.
- Maintain a safe and attractive environment for all children in the program.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of snacks and meals.
- Know the emergency procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Display a positive attitude that is conducive to good public relations.
- Wear proper identification at all times.
- Attend appropriate departmental meetings.
- Know and implement established child care policies as well as NYS OCFS regulations.
- Attend all required meetings and training.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds occasionally.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.