Child Watch Assistant
Chester F. Carlson MetroCenter YMCA
444 East Main Street Rochester, New York 14604
Salary Range: $9.70
Under the direction of the Child Watch Lead, the Assistant will ensure a safe and engaging environment for members and their child. Greets everyone by name whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- Must be at least 16 and have a genuine interest in working with children ages 6 weeks through school-age.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including possible weekend hours as determined by the department supervisor.
- Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must possess or attain CPR/AED Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Follow sign in and out procedures, as directed by individual branches.
- Greet each family, introduce self, and be responsible for following all procedures in the room, including the maintenance of ratios.
- Follow all procedures of the room including but not limited to, cleaning schedule, sub-list procedures, call-in procedures and sign-in procedures.
- Actively engage members in the Child Watch room.
- On-time, prepared for work each shift with all necessary requirements (staff shirt, ID tag, proper footwear and all other items as determined by individual branches).
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds occasionally
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.