Bay View Family YMCA
1209 Bay Road Webster, NY 14580
Salary Range: $14.00
Tuesday evenings, 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Under the supervision of the Health and Well-Being Director, it is the responsibility of the Referee to carry out the overall purpose, goals and objectives of the YMCA of Greater Rochester. The ref will referee games in the adult volleyball leagues. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 1-2 years referee experience recommended
- Ability to communicate and organize diverse populations
- Must possess strong communication skills and judgment to deliver excellent customer service and fair play
- Appropriate knowledge of field through experience, education and certification
- An interest in people and an ability to work individually with each participant.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification is also required or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire
- Conduct the league games safely, which lead to physical, mental and spiritualdevelopment and retention for participants.
- Supervise participants and activities to ensure safety and report any irregularities to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain accurate records required for league.
- Exhibit a friendly, positive and helpful attitude towards staff, members and all others involved in the YMCA.
- Distribute handouts/evaluations to participants as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend all required staff meetings, training sessions and staff functions.
- Represent the YMCA and promote membership
- Ability to move quickly to react to safety issues in the setting (i.e. aggressive behavior).
- Ability to remain calm, objective and respectful in potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to move around the gym/field to assist children and supervise children with daily activities, social interaction, physical and emotional needs.
- Ability to lift equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all elements (i.e. outside in all weather)
- Ability to move from program site to branch or site to site, and is required to enter all YMCA environments including, program space, buses, schools, pools, and program area.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- High quality experience for all participants
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.