Corning Community YMCA
127 Center Way Corning, NY 14830
Salary Range: $9.70 - $11.00
Under the general direction of the Buildings & Grounds Director, this position is accountable for maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions and general maintenance of the facility, both inside and outside. Will greet everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values at the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- Candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- This position requires strong teamwork skills and the ability to work independently.
- The candidate must have good communication skills and must demonstrate good interaction skills with people.
- Individuals need experience or be able to comprehend general cleaning, disinfection, hard floor care, carpet care, wood floor care and related equipment operation and maintenance.
- Cleans bathrooms, offices, locker rooms, hallways and any other assigned areas by vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing and polishing
- Performs minor maintenance repairs and tasks as directed
- Assists with other departments with set up for meetings, special events, etc.
- During shutdown periods, must be available to work if needed
- Strips and polishes floors, cleans carpets and other restorative cleaning activities
- Empties and cleans trash containers
- Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures
- Clears snow and salts sidewalk in inclement weather or as needed
- Reports any damage or needed repairs to equipment, property, etc. to supervisor
- Uses all cleaning supplies in the proper and efficient manner
- Keeps all cleaning closets clean and uncluttered during his/her scheduled shift
- Interacts with staff, members, and general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Assists in special projects at the branch or other Association facilities
- Responds to emergencies appropriately in accordance to his/her level of training and circumstances
- Attends all mandatory training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to remain standing and moving for extended periods of time
- Indoors and outdoors in normal environment with some exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Mobility within the building including movement from floor to floor and outside the building
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. on a repetitive basis
- May handle human body fluids and chemicals as part of the daily operational duties.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.