Southeast Family YMCA
111 East Jefferson Road Pittsford, NY 14534
Salary Range: $8.75-$9.00
Under the general direction of the Preschool Director, the Preschool Assistant works for the YMCA of Greater Rochester and is responsible for implementing the daily program as it relates to the children in their classroom. Major emphasis is on program excellence and developing quality care of the highest standard. Staff members must be qualified by training and experience to carry out their respective functions in the administration, operation and maintenance of the preschool program. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extend thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the child care programs convey the mission, purpose, image, and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester.
- Provides a quality experience for everyone, including but not limited to Health Seekers, Members, Participants, Internal Customers, Fellow Staff Members, Vendors, and others.
- Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; accepts constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team member.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice for Preschool-aged children.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
- Experience assisting with preschool programs.
- Must be able to supervise children by sight and sound at all times.
- Ability to interact with children and parents effectively
- Must successfully complete YMCA New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess or attain CPR/AED Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Must successfully complete the YMCA’s Listen First Learn & Implement Cycle within 6 months of hire.
- Must sign and demonstrate the YMCA of Greater Rochester’s Staff Pledge.
The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be the number one priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of health seekers, members, and all people within the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Support the lead teacher in planning and implementing weekly activities.
- Actively engaged with children and participants within the classes.
- Provide a safe, fun, and learning environment for preschoolers.
- Communicate effectively with all parents, participants, co-workers and supervisors.
- Follow procedures of the department, including, but not limited to administrative procedures, call-in procedures and attendance procedures (including attendance at appropriate staff meetings).
- Must be able to stand for the majority of the class time
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds occasionally
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Implementation of preschool programming that meets the emotional, physical, social and intellectual needs of children, and prepares them for success in school.
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.