Youth Sports Instructor
Chester F. Carlson MetroCenter YMCA
444 East Main Street Rochester, New York 14604
Salary Range: $10.40
Monday - Friday, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Under the direction of the Youth Sports/Teens Director, the Youth Sports Instructor will teach all levels of sports. The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be the number one priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of health seekers, members, and all people within the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- This position requires practical and technical knowledge of all levels of sports.
- This person must be motivated, energetic and able to communicate with participants and parents.
- CPR/First Aid certification is required. Able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Plan and coordinate all sports games/leagues.
- Teach sports skills to kids from beginners to advanced.
- Ensure proper care and storage of sports equipment.
- Supervision of participants at all points of the day.
- Provide guidance to Youth Sport Assistant to ensure safe and successful sports games.
- Ensure constant and proper communication with parents.
- Generate new ideas to implement into the schedule.
- Supervise and help train volunteers.
- Act as a role model for YMCA Core Values.
- Create a climate that fosters YMCA goals and a fun, engaging atmosphere for all participants.
- Attend all trainings and meetings as required.
- Ability to supervise children by sight and sound at all times.
- Ability to move quickly to react to safety issues in the setting.
- Ability to remain calm, objective and respectful in potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to move around the gym/field to assist children and supervise children with daily activities, social interaction, physical and emotional needs.
- Ability to lift equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all elements (i.e. outside in all weather)
- Ability to move from program site to branch or site to site, and is required to enter all YMCA environments including, program space, buses, schools, pools, and program area.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.