Financial Systems Specialist
Chester F. Carlson MetroCenter YMCA
444 East Main Street Rochester, New York 14604
Salary Range: $11.00
Under the guidance of the Director of Administration, the Financial Systems Specialist is responsible for the financial flow of the branch. Duties include, but are not limited to: maintenance of petty cash and reconciliation, balance daily cash receipts, accounts receivable for membership and programs, accounts payable, journal entries, audit monthly branch credit cards. Duties require utilizing systems which include Active membership database, SGA account system, GAVA gift card system and online banking. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values at the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- This position requires a High School diploma or GED, and two to three years of administrative support, customer service, or billing experience. The candidate should be highly organized, professional self-starter with strong administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to multi-task, to take initiative, be efficient, determine priorities, seek assistance when needed, coordinate workflow between departments and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- The candidate must be able to work well in situations that may require making phone calls for collecting past due balances, meeting tight deadlines and dealing with the membership public.
- Prepare daily cash reports and deposit all cash items.
- Reconciliation and replenishment of petty cash.
- Interact with the corporate office regarding the status of cash receivables, cash receipts, credits, deposit adjustments.
- Review open accounts receivables for membership and programs. Correspond with members to resolve open ARs.
- Process check requests.
- Process any needed journal entries.
- Process and distribute bills to department heads for account line information and payment processing, and to Executive Director for payment authorization. Ensure that all bills are processed within five (5) business days of receipt.
- With the input and consultation of the Director of Administration, the Financial Systems Specialist will establish, modify and maintain procedures and policies for cash management for the needs of the branch.
- Send all unrecoverable receivables to collection and ensure professional correspondence to member and corporate office regarding past due accounts.
- Participates in special projects and special events.
- Maintain and place orders for branch supplies (coffee, office supplies, etc).
- Attend all required meetings, training and events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit for extended duration.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds occasionally.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors, utilize youth programs or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.