Westside Family YMCA
920 Elmgrove Road Rochester NY 14624
Salary Range: $9.70
Under the guidance and supervision of the Health Fitness Director/Coordinator, the Wellness Coach is responsible for meeting member’s needs, maintaining a safe environment, and guiding members through Wellness Consultations. The goal of a Wellness Consultation is to assist members in building and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The role of the Coach is to assist members through this process by providing personalized attention, support, and motivation. The Coach is responsible for assisting the branch in membership development and retention through quality leadership and continuous follow-up. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Fitness related field is preferred.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of all principles of health and fitness.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Current Community CPR, First Aid, and AED Essentials required.
PRE-HIRE REQUIRMENTS TRAINING:
- Community CPR, First Aid, and AED Essentials certifications.
- Attend New Employee Orientation, Parts I, II, and III within 60-days of hire.
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles within three months of hire.
- Obtain YMCA Foundations of Strength & Conditioning certification within 6 months of hire.
- Complete Listen First Workshop I within 30 days of hire and Workshop II completed within 90 days of hire
- Attend Darkness to Light within 60-days of hire
- Maintain certification through CECs.
- Be able to effectively problem solve, taking full responsibility to remedy the situation and follow through to its completion.
- Be able to work as a YMCA team member.
- Identify members who may be using unsafe or ineffective techniques and make helpful suggestions.
- Make yourself available to all members regardless of age, gender, race, socioeconomic status, lifestyle, or fitness level.
- Provide members with opportunities that will increase their involvement in and sense of ownership of the YMCA.
- Consistently monitor member participation and provide feedback.
- Conduct one-on-one appointments with members.
- Contact members through personal phone calls, emails, and by leaving messages either at the FitLinxx kiosk or other designated messaging area.
- Follow all guidelines established for the Wellness Consultation.
- Follow all guidelines for Fitlinxx enrollment and follow up.
- Regularly check all equipment to ensure proper maintenance.
- Report equipment in need of repair to supervisor immediately, follow branch repair procedures, and post “out of order” sign on equipment. Do not post any handwritten signs.
- Ensure overall cleanliness of YMCA facility and its equipment by following all branch cleaning procedures.
- Professionally enforce all YMCA policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow YMCA emergency procedures when necessary.
- Attendance at staff meetings is mandatory.
- Products or services that are not a part of YMCA programs shall not be promoted or endorsed by any employee to any member or guest whether the employee is “on the clock” or not.
- Assume all other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.