Group Exercise Coordinator
Chester F. Carlson MetroCenter YMCA
444 East Main Street Rochester, New York 14604
Salary Range: $13.00
Under the general direction of the Center Director, the Group Exercise Coordinator is responsible for the administration, promotion and direction of all Group Exercise Programs. The Coordinator will provide members with the continuity and stability that will help in member retention and involvement. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- This position requires a background in Physical Education or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required and a Bachelor’s degree in Health Fitness and a background in a related field are preferred. Prior teaching experience, as well as certifications from YMCA, ACE, or AFAA is required. CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications are required.
- The candidate must demonstrate competencies in program development, as well as organizational skills, and the ability to make independent decisions.
- The candidate must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, maturity and must be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Recruit, train, and evaluate all staff relative to responsibilities. In conjunction with Center Director conduct all appropriate staff trainings and meetings.
- To insure that all program procedures are consistent with association policies and the YMCA mission.
- In conjunction with the Center Director, develop new programming, public relation opportunities, and special events for the Group Exercise Program.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and classes, ensuring proper coverage at the branch.
- Ensure the quality of instruction to all Group Exercise programs through evaluations, observations and participation in classes.
- Supervise participants to ensure safety. Advise all participants of safety issues as needed. Report repeated violations to supervisor.
- Teach a variety of Group Exercise classes to maintain member relations and ensure program quality.
- Administer program evaluations for all Group Exercise classes.
- Assist in development and implementation of support for the Annual Campaign.
- Support Branch and Association-wide efforts as designated by the Center Director.
- Exhibit friendly, positive, and helpful attitude towards staff, members, and all others involved with the YMCA.
- Attend all required training and meetings.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds occasionally.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.
- A variety of broad based and varied Health/Fitness programs with high levels of participation.
- The coordination of facility usage and program delivery evidenced by smoothly operating programs and services.
- Clean, safe and functional facilities and equipment for all branch and offsite program areas.
- The exercise of good judgment and competence in obtaining goals and objectives of this Association.